Wednesday, May 28, 2014

DIY: Potato Stamp T-Shirts

On Friday night a friend of mine (whose blog can be viewed here) came to my house for a sleepover. We'd been planning for a while and decided our activity for the night would be t-shirts with stamped patterns. WITH STAMPS MADE OF POTATOES! Naturally when we discovered this idea on craftgawker (a pinterest-like site), I. flipped. out. So! Here's the process of creating these fabulous shirts!
Step 1: Gather supplies. 

- a potato

- paint and a paper plate (we used Tulip fabric paint, but I think acrylics could work)

- something to cut the potato with, such as an x-acto knife

- a sharpie or permanent marker

- a t-shirt

- a stencil and scissors (this is optional as you could just freehand your drawing.

Katrina used a stencil of an anchor, I free-handed my drawing.
I drew a cat head on mine and cut it out with some small knives.
Yay!
Here's Katrina cutting out her anchor.
This is my potato that I dubbed "Bertha Digglseworth"
Anyways, next, squeeze some paint onto the plate.
Here's a little BTS of Katrina's blog post xD


After that, dip your stamp into the paint and press it firmly onto the shirt.
I admit, I squealed as I did the first stamp.
The front in progress!

The back in progress! (Mmm look at those yummy looking potato pieces :P )



Akward me. As usual.
"No paparazzi adflkajsd;fk"

Done!

3 comments:

  1. Hoorah, you did it! Ugh... I look disgusting in that last picture..........

    ~Katrina
    trinasadventuresandsuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job guys. :)

    ReplyDelete